Yes really haha! I’ve worked for a bit again on BOTH my Star Trek Doom Project (GZDoom Doom 2 mod) and my Quest for Glory IV 3D Project (GZDoom Hexen mod). Loyal fans will know that for some time now my mods have sadly been unplayable due to the discontinuation of ZDoom and the latest versions of GDZoom triggering horrible game ending bugs.
I tried and tried and tried and just couldn’t figure out what was going on and why the newer versions were rejecting my MAPINFOs. I even went to some of the big ZDoom community veterans behind some of the best mods out there for help and even they couldn’t see what was wrong. I gave up, told every fan to stick with an old version of ZDoom/GZDoom and just didn’t wanna touch the project again such was my frustration with what happened.
But then just for the hell of it I decided to take the risk of reporting my issue as a bug to the GZDoom. I was worried they’d tear me a new one for suggesting that their program was the program and not my cr*ppy scripting but thankfully they were good to me and saw the problem right away!! I followed their advice and sure enough everything started working again!! 🙂
So as a result I’ve re-released both mods and updated their documentation. If you’ve recently download my mod fear not, I’m just running late with announcing this and I actually updated my downloads a while back so your version ‘should’ be all good. But if in doubt, go and download again. 🙂
Pics, videos and updated downloads at: